How much does postage from the US to Australia cost?
Shipping overseas to Australia doesn't have to be as daunting as it may initially appear. You can buy cheap shipping services with brands you know to Australia with Parcel Monkey. We help you find an overseas delivery price in seconds based on the size and weight of your package.
To find some of the cheapest ways of shipping to Australia use our simple shipping calculator. We compare the international shipping rates to Australia with well-known couriers like DHL, and USPS.
The cheapest way to ship to Australia with Parcel Monkey
Some of the cheapest services we have are mail shipping services like;
- DHL eCommerce. Our cheapest shipping solution service is provided by DHL and all you need to do is book it online, print the labels and drop off at your local USPS Post Office. You can track it via Parcel Monkey and it will be delivered in 11-22 days, ideal for those who need economical shipping.
- GEPS Light Packet is as the name suggests, ideal for smaller items such as clothing. FedEx will pick up your package from home or work and transport to a central sort location before shipping to Australia in 5-12 days.
- EMS Parcel Post is another economy service, using the Australian Postal service to deliver in the country.
Express shipping from the USA to Australia
If you have a package that needs to be shipped more urgently, we also offer cost-effective Express courier services.
- USA Express International is a hybrid delivery service, picked up from you by FedEx and delivered by DHL in 2-5 working days
- International Drop Off can be dropped into any FedEx location and processed overseas for delivery also by FedEx in 2-5 working days
- USPS Priority Mail offer express shipping to Australia, simply book them through our shipping calculator, print and attach the shipping labels and customs docs and drop at your local USPS Post Office
- DHL Express is a reliable express service, picked up from you by DHL and shipped only by them to Australia and you can track in full to delivery
Have a heavy package to ship to Australia? Let us help.
Our USA Express International service very popular and great value for money for large and heavy packages as you can enjoy an Express shipping time of 2-4 days with a reliable courier, who will come and pick up from your home or work. This service is unbeatable on price when it comes to heavier goods, so if you package is over 30lbs maybe containing a car part or personal belongings - then this trusted delivery service will help you ship those big boxes on a budget.
What can I ship to Australia?
There is a whole host of reasons why you might want to ship a package to Australia, whether you have a family member in Sydney and want to send a birthday package, or you have sold an Amazon or eBay item and need to ship a parcel to Perth, you can find a shipping solution with us.
Australia is ranked in the middle in terms of percentage of total eCommerce sales when compared to other Asia-Pacific countries, just behind China, Japan, and South Korea but ahead of India and Indonesia. eBay, Amazon, and Gumtree are major players in the Australian eCommerce market, whilst packages are shipped from around the world for business purposes or to expats who now reside in sunny Oz.
New Zealand is another destination in the region we can help you ship to using our discounted courier services.
We can help you send almost anything as long as it is not restricted by us or by Customs in Australia. Clothing, exercise equipment, media such as books and music & more are all shipped by Americans to Australia every day.
Australia boasts one of the highest uptakes of the internet in the world, with 89.8% of the population online, totalling 19.5 million internet users, whilst the average Australian consumer spending an impressive $1350 AUD per year online, meaning if you run an online marketplace or small to medium enterprise, it may be time to take a look at this market.
Customs and packaging
The trip between the USA and Australia is a long one and your package will likely change carriers in transit, so secure packaging, correct labeling and accurate customs documents are important. The country is very strict about valuation and customs declarations, so never ship anything without carefully and correctly filling out all applicable paperwork; neglecting to do this can delay delivery significantly. Your shipment may also be subject to the Goods and Service Tax.